Space planning is an essential stage in the process of setting up of any office, and is crucial for maximising use of your office space. We offer a free space planning and design service to help you make the most of your office, but what are the things that you need to take into consideration to make sure you're making optimum use of this facility? Take a look at our top tips for space planning:
- Establish how many people you want to fit in your office, and make sure it's realistic! We can help you to maximise use of your space, but this doesn't always mean fitting more people in - you might be able to fit in ten people, but if you only need seven workstations then the rest of your space could be put to better use another way. Make your space work most efficiently for you!
- Leave room for people to manoeuvre! Whilst your office might physically be able to fit a certain amount of workstations in, remember that people need to be able to work and operate effectively. It's generally recommended that 1000mm is left as a minimum gangway size, but large offices might need to consider more than that to make sure that everyone is comfortable, safe and mobile in the office.
- Take everything into account when measuring. If you're sending us your measurements for plans then make sure nothing is missed. One of the most common problems we encounter is skirting boards - so don't forget to allow for every minor detail!
- Make sure everyone can access fire escapes easily, quickly and safely.
- Allow enough room to open cupboards and filers! Remember that you don't need to just consider the depth of the cupboard, but the additional depth of the open doors too.
- Be open minded! Many great ideas have to be tweaked as the space plan evolves, and it's really important to be accepting of these necessary amendments and to keep an eye on the bigger picture.
Not to worry though - we're always on hand to help you through this process with drawings, advice and ideas if you need them, so get in touch with your thoughts and requirements and let us help you get the most out of your space and your budget.